No matter where I’m traveling to, my carry-on bag nearly always looks the same. I ensure I have all the essentials and whatever I need to stay comfortable, entertained, and hydrated. Read on to discover my 15 MUST HAVE items in my carry-on.
- CALPAK Astyll Milk Marble Carry-On – Most airlines let you bring both a carry-on item and personal item. I like to bring a carry-on suitcase because I’m able to carry everything I need in there plus extra shoes and things that either didn’t fit into my checked luggage or caused it to be too heavy. I love this carry-on from Cal Pak because it’s hard-shell with 8 multi-directional spinner wheels that make it so easy to roll through the hectic airport. You can surprisingly fit so much in here and it’s super cute and stylish too!
- CALPAK Kaya Backpack – I also always bring a personal item that I can keep underneath the airplane seat in front of me for easy access to things I know I’ll need during my flight. I try keeping my hands free as much as possible so this backpack is perfect. It has a a trolley pass-through feature in the back that allows it to slide over the handle bars of the carry-on suitcase or you can wear it as a normal backpack. It has multiple interior and exterior pockets for storage and I tend to keep my beauty products, electronics, reading material, and travel documents in here. It also has duel zippers that allow you to thread a lock through for extra security if you need it.
- WOLF Caroline Quilted Jewelry Portfolio – Take it from someone who learned the hard way, you do not want to pack your jewelry in your checked bag. I had several pieces of jewelry “misplaced” from my luggage after I carelessly packed my jewelry in my checked bag. Now I always keep my jewelry and other valuables close. This jewelry portfolio is thin, super cute, and keeps all of your jewelry organized and free from tangles.
- FRENDS Taylor Rose Gold Headphones – Headphones are essential for entertainment on the plane and I’m obsessed with these rose gold ones!
- SMITH’S Rosebud Salve – Airplanes suck all of the life and moisture out of my usually dry skin. This lip balm is my favorite and is classic for a reason. Rub it all over your lips, cuticles, and other dry patchy spots to help stay moisturized.
- COLGATE Max Fresh Wisp – If I don’t have room for a normal toothbrush in my carry-on, I always make sure I have these in my bag for easy brushing and freshening breath without water.
- TRUFFLE Clarity Clutch – These clear liquid pouches are super cute and are TSA approved so you can pack your liquids and small items in here.
- MARIO BADESCU Facial Spray – This facial spray keeps my make-up looking fresh and glowy throughout the whole flight. It smells amazing and the light mist always refreshes me after we land. I never leave home without it.
- VICTOR & ROLF Flowerbomb Rollerball – Let’s be honest, long days of travel can leave you feeling smelly and gross. After freshening up in the airplane bathroom with wipes and deodorant I usually apply my favorite fragrance so that I’m ready to go. Packing a rollerball is efficient, TSA approved, and you don’t have to worry about breaking your expensive bottle all over your packed clothes (again, experience). This scent is my current go-to.
- PERFECT BAR – I usually get hungry on the plane and airplane meals can be hit-or-miss. I always pack snacks. I love Perfect Bars because they’re organic, filling, packed with healthy ingredients that won’t leave you bloated after a long flight. My favorite flavor is Dark Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter.
- BAREFOOT DREAMS CozyChic Lite – Once you find the perfect travel sweater, you’ll never go anywhere without it. It has to be soft, cozy, warm, easily foldable, and in my case, a neutral color. You can never go wrong with Barefoot Dreams, it’s the softest brand around with a reasonable price.
- HOBO EuroSlide – I don’t like bringing big, bulky wallets when I travel so this credit card wallet is the perfect size to hold all of your essentials like credit cards, id, cash, coin, and passport.
- S’well Traveler – It’s super important to stay hydrated on the plane. Drinking water helps with jet lag, fatigue, dry skin, and bloating. I love a refillable water bottle that you can fill up at drinking fountains at the airport. And if it matches your luggage and you want to be that girl…even better! Just remember to fill up at drinking fountains and not in the airplane bathrooms.
- Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman – A good book makes the plane ride seem like it’s going faster. Depending on how long the trip is, I tend to pack more than one. I keep the one I’m currently reading in my personal item and stow the others in my carry-on suitcase. My favorite genres are suspense, mystery, romance, and fantasy and I’ll usually pack a mix of genres.
- SOCKWELL Compresssion Socks – I recently started wearing compression socks and it makes a world of a difference. I always wear compression socks at work and started wearing them on planes as well. Long flights can cause deep vein thrombosis or blood clots in the legs due to long air travel in cramped spaces. Wearing compression socks can significantly reduce that risk and also minimize leg swelling. This brand offers really cute patterns and colors.
Those are all of my essentials! Along with the obvious things like passport, ID, travel documents, etc. What are your essentials? I love hearing about new ideas or products that ease the travel process! Also, any fun summer plans? Where’s everyone going?